First Tee of Connecticut Family Play
Karl Krapek Family Learning Links
55 Golf Club Road, Cromwell
OPEN to all past, existing and future First Tee families & participants at no charge. Note: only family members from the same household may play together unless two families specifically request to play together. Adults are not required to play but are welcome to walk along with their children; all children must be accompanied by an adult.
First Tee of Connecticut will be making the Karl Krapek Family Learning Links, a 4 hole golf course, available for family play on weekends this summer.
In the interest of safety and maximizing social distancing, we will be instituting a tee time system for ALL play. The course will be open on the following days & times, with tee times available every 15 minutes;
- Saturdays from July 11 – August 29 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (last tee time 5:00 p.m.)
- Sundays from July 12 – August 30 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (last tee time 11:30 a.m.)
The Family Play schedule for the fall season (September and October) will be announced at a later date.
To reserve a tee time please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (860) 882-1660 (during business hours) no later than the day before you would like to play. Normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please include the names of whom will be playing. We encourage you to bring and use your own golf clubs but if you do need to borrow clubs, please indicate that when making your starting time, along with your child’s gender, height and whether they are lefty or righty, so we may have a set ready in advance. We have limited sets of adult clubs, so will not be able to accommodate adult requests. Your tee time will be confirmed via email by a staff member, prior to your time. We reserve the right to slightly adjust your tee time request based on demand.
Procedures and guidelines for Family Play at the Learning Links (to maintain social distancing and ensure employee and family safety):
- Walking only; we do not have push carts but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your tee time (if you arrive earlier, we may ask that you remain in your car).
- At 15 minutes prior to tee time, please proceed to the practice putting green (to the immediate left of the building), where you will be greeted by a staff member, who will serve as the starter and go over guidelines for the course. You may putt on the putting green until the starter gives you the “green light” to head to Hole #1.
- Please play the holes in order (#1 – #4) and maintain a reasonable pace. Each hole has three sets of tees (Blue, Orange & Green); please use the tee(s) where you and your family are most comfortable.
- When you finish the round, please depart up the stairwell and to the left through the breezeway into the parking lot. Do not linger in the parking lot.
- The practice facilities are CLOSED, and not available. In addition, our neighbors at TPC River Highlands are valued partners of First Tee of Connecticut but their practice facilities are NOT available to the public. Please do not jeopardize our partnership by wandering over to and/or using their practice areas.
- You may not arrive to play without a tee time (some families may be used to our previous Open Play policy on Sunday mornings during the golf season). If you do not make a tee time in advance you will be asked to leave.
Our ability to keep our facility open and offer golf opportunities for families depends on all of us adhering to these rules and guidelines.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation, have fun and enjoy some family time on The Learning Links!
We will follow all guidelines set forth by the Department of Economic and Community Development and the Connecticut State Golf Association to create a safe environment for all players. This includes use of the Golf Ball EZ Lyft system to retrieve your ball on the green.