2020 Program Schedule JUST RELEASED
During your online registration process you will have the opportunity to make a donation to The First Tee of Connecticut in addition to your Program Fee.
- Spring Group Lessons will begin April 18 for Saturdays, April 19 for Sundays and the week of April 20 for weekdays; online registration will begin on Monday, March 16 at 9:00 a.m.
- Summer Group Lessons will begin the week of July 6 ; online registration will begin on Monday, June 1 at 9:00 a.m.
- Fall Group Lessons will begin the week of Tuesday, September 8 through Monday, September 9; registration will begin on Monday, August 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Most of The First Tee of Connecticut programs offer online registration. Online registration requires an active email address to serve as your username and participant information including: name, date of birth, grade level, address, ethnicity and family income (optional). All information is kept confidential and will not be shared with any other organization.
Detailed 2020 Spring Program Schedule to be published by 2/7/20
- Spring Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, March 16 at 9:00 a.m.
- Summer Camp and Team Programs – Registration will begin on Monday, April 6
- Summer Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, June 1 and the schedule can be viewed online mid May
- Fall Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, August 10 and the schedule can be viewed online mid July
Beginning Spring 2017 The First Tee of Connecticut will be utilizing a new registration system called Salesforce. This system will allow users a more efficient experience. ALL users will have to create a new online profile through this system during their first registration.
Please note that even though all program levels may display for your child(ren) you must register for the appropriate level based on age and past experience. You may contact our office by phone, (860) 882-1660 or email, email@example.com to verify a participant’s status within the Life Skills Experience.
- Participants must be 7 years old at the 1st day of class to enter the PLAYer Level. All new participants, age 7 & up must register for the PLAYer Level.
- At Fairchild Wheeler in Bridgeport the PLAYer Level is offered in three (3) sub-levels. All new participants who are at least 7 years old must enroll at the PLAYer Level with the following suggestions made based on age:
- PLAYer 3 – Ages 7 – 9
- PLAYer 6 – Ages 10 – 12 or successful enrollment in and completion of PLAYer 3
- PLAYer 9 – Ages 13 & above or successful enrollment in and completion of PLAYer 3 and PLAYer 6.
- Participants age 5 and 6 may register for TARGET Level classes; held in Cromwell, Hartford, Greater Waterbury, Branford and Bridgeport.
- * Teenage participants at the PLAYer or Par Levels are encouraged to register for Tuesday programs in the Cromwell area. Coaches will be dedicated to working with teenage participants at the PLAYer and Par Level.
Team Program schedule
- Registration for 2019 Team Programs will begin on Monday, April 6 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday programs will last approximately two (2) hours.
- Wednesday programs will last approximately four (4) hours.
|Program Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||Program Level(s)|
|East Mountain Golf Course||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||3:00 p.m.||Birdie|
|East Mountain Golf Course||Wednesday, June 24||Wednesday, August 19||10:00 a.m.||Eagle & Ace|
|Highland Greens Golf Course||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||2:00 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Twin Lakes Golf Course||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||12:30 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Alling Memorial Golf Course||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||3:30 p.m.||Birdie, Eagle & Ace|
|Karl Krapek Family Learning Links||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||9:30 a.m.||Birdie & Eagle|
|Karl Krapek Family Learning Links||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||12:00 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Goodwin Park Golf Course (North Course)||Saturday, June 20||Saturday, August 22||3:30 p.m.||Par & Birdie|
|Goodwin Park Golf Course (North Course)||Wednesday, June 24||Wednesday, August 19||10:00 a.m.||Eagle & Ace|
Fairchild Wheeler Team Program Overview 2020 DATES COMING SOON
To register for the 2020 Team Program at Fairchild Wheeler please choose the Tryout date that you wish to attend and complete online registration for that specific date. After tryouts all participants will be assigned to a specific program for the summer. During your initial online registration for a Tryout date you will be asked to confirm your child(ren)’s shirt size for their Team uniform and also to complete payment for the $75 registration fee.
To be eligible for the Teams Programs at Fairchild Wheeler participants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Age 10 – 17
- Completed the PAR level (PAR Certified)
- Able to attend at least 7of the 9 practices
- Able to attend at least 7 of 9 matches
- Able to walk 9 holes with golf bag
The First Tee at Fairchild Wheeler Teams Programs consist of our Junior Varsity, Varsity, and Premier teams. We will once again have a Varsity Team for both Girls and Boys (Ages 13-17) and a Junior Varsity Team for Girls and Boys (Ages 10-12)
This is a 9 Week program that consists of one practice and one match each week. The Junior Varsity Program follows the Birdie curriculum and can be taken in place of a Birdie group lesson. The Varsity and Premier Programs will have both Birdie and Eagle curriculum involved depending on the participants.
Junior Varsity Team (Ages 10 to 12) – Competitive and fun, this Birdie level team will work on goal setting, improving their game, and participate in a season long competition. June 27-August 26
- Practices on Wednesdays (5:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Matches on Fridays (3:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Varsity and Premier Teams (Ages 13 to 17) – These combined teams offer a multi-tiered season long competition. They will be a mix of Birdie and Eagle participants, and focus on game improvement and course management. June 23-August 25
- Practices on Thursdays (5:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Matches on Saturdays (3:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Tryouts – Junior Varsity Team will include a Written Assessment on First Tee Life Skills, Nine Healthy Habits and Nine Core Values. The Golf Skill Evaluation will include Driving Accuracy, Putting and Short Game. Varsity and Premier Teams will be for BIRDIE and EAGLE Level participants and consist of 9 holes of golf where your raw score will be taken on a points scale and added together with your Written Assessment on First Tee Life Skills, Nine Healthy Habits and Nine Core Values knowledge.
Tryout Dates (hosted from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.)
2020 Registration System – Salesforce
Since we are using a new registration platform, as of 2017, any past participants who DID NOT register in 2017 please use the Forgot Password link in the Log In section to receive an email link that will allow you create a password. Please note that this email may arrive in your SPAM folder. This option will allow all past information to be transitioned to your new account.