THE FALL GROUP LESSON SCHEDULE IS AVAILABLE BELOW
Please note that this schedule is subject to change. We continue to work on availability in greater New Haven. Classes at Elmridge in Pawcatuck will resume this fall.
NOTE: Beginning September 22 all weekday programs will be held for 60 minutes (due to diminished sunlight & safety)
NOTE: For teens in greater Hartford, we recommend Tuesday night, specifically designed for both the Player and Par level.
During your online registration process you will have the opportunity to make a donation to The First Tee of Connecticut in addition to your Program Fee.
- Spring Group Lessons CANCELLED
- Summer Group Lessons will begin the week of July 6 ; online registration will begin on Monday, June 1 at 9:00 a.m.
- Fall Group Lessons will begin the week of Tuesday, September 8 through Monday, September 14; registration will begin on Monday, August 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Most of The First Tee of Connecticut programs offer online registration. Online registration requires an active email address to serve as your username and participant information including: name, date of birth, grade level, address, ethnicity and family income (optional). All information is kept confidential and will not be shared with any other organization.
- Summer Camp and Team Programs – Registration will begin on Monday, April 6
- Summer Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, June 1 and the schedule can be viewed online mid May
- Fall Group Lessons – Registration will begin on Monday, August 10 and the schedule can be viewed online mid July
Beginning Spring 2017 The First Tee of Connecticut will be utilizing a new registration system called Salesforce. This system will allow users a more efficient experience. ALL users will have to create a new online profile through this system during their first registration.
Please note that even though all program levels may display for your child(ren) you must register for the appropriate level based on age and past experience. You may contact our office by phone, (860) 882-1660 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org to verify a participant’s status within the Life Skills Experience.
- Participants must be 7 years old at the 1st day of class to enter the PLAYer Level. All new participants, age 7 & up must register for the PLAYer Level.
- At Fairchild Wheeler in Bridgeport the PLAYer Level is offered in three (3) sub-levels. All new participants who are at least 7 years old must enroll at the PLAYer Level with the following suggestions made based on age:
- PLAYer 3 – Ages 7 – 9
- PLAYer 6 – Ages 10 – 12 or successful enrollment in and completion of PLAYer 3
- PLAYer 9 – Ages 13 & above or successful enrollment in and completion of PLAYer 3 and PLAYer 6.
- Participants age 5 and 6 may register for TARGET Level classes; held in Cromwell, Hartford, Greater Waterbury, Branford and Bridgeport.
- * Teenage participants at the PLAYer or Par Levels are encouraged to register for Tuesday programs in the Cromwell area. Coaches will be dedicated to working with teenage participants at the PLAYer and Par Level.
Team Program schedule
- Registration for 2020 Team Programs will begin on Monday, April 6 at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday programs will last approximately two (2) hours.
- Wednesday programs will last approximately four (4) hours.
|Program Location||Start Date||End Date||Start Time||Program Level(s)|
|East Mountain Golf Course||Saturday, July 11||Saturday, August 29||3:00 p.m.||Birdie|
|East Mountain Golf Course||Wednesday, July 8||Wednesday, August 26||10:00 a.m.||Eagle & Ace|
|Highland Greens Golf Course||Saturday, July 11||Saturday, August 29||2:00 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Twin Lakes Golf Course||Saturday, July 11||Saturday, August 29||12:30 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Karl Krapek Family Learning Links||Saturday, July 11||Saturday, August 29||9:30 a.m.||Birdie & Eagle|
|Karl Krapek Family Learning Links||Saturday, July 11||Saturday, August 29||12:00 p.m.||Par & Birdie (JV)|
|Goodwin Park Golf Course (North Course)||Saturday, July 11||Saturday, August 29||3:30 p.m.||Par & Birdie|
|Goodwin Park Golf Course (North Course)||Wednesday, July 8||Wednesday, August 26||10:00 a.m.||Eagle & Ace|
Fairchild Wheeler Team Program Overview
Welcome to the 2020 Teams Program at Fairchild Wheeler. As with many things this year, the Teams Program will be much different. That being said, we will work hard to create as much of a team atmosphere as we can while keeping all health and safety of our participants and coaches at the forefront of our minds.
To register for the 2020 Team Program at Fairchild Wheeler please make sure that you read the requirements and guidelines below. During your initial online registration, you will be asked to confirm your child(ren)’s shirt size for their Team uniform and also to complete payment for the $75 registration fee.
To be eligible for the Teams Programs at Fairchild Wheeler participants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Age 10 – 17
- Completed the PAR level (PAR Certified)
- Able to attend at least 7 of 9 matches
- Able to walk 9 holes with golf bag
The First Tee at Fairchild Wheeler Teams Programs consist of our Junior Varsity, Varsity, and Premier teams. We will once again have a Varsity Team for both Girls and Boys (Ages 13-17) and a Junior Varsity Team for Girls and Boys (Ages 10-12)
This is an 8 Week program that consists of a combination of on course matches, and virtual learning. There will be online meetings to cover the curriculum and on course strategies. There will also be online assessments throughout the season. We will not be holding traditional practices this year as our group size is limited to 10 participants. We are working on holding “Open Practice Times”, where participants could come hit balls and practice golf skills that have been covered through our online learning. This season will be a true test of commitment from the team members. As we move through the season, some of the state suggestions on Covid-19 may change and we will adjust accordingly.
The Junior Varsity Program follows the Birdie curriculum and can be taken in place of a Birdie group lesson. The Varsity and Premier Programs will have both Birdie and Eagle curriculum involved depending on the participants.
Junior Varsity Team (Ages 10 to 12) – Competitive and fun, this Birdie level team will work on goal setting, improving their game, and participate in a season long competition. June 27-August 26
- Virtual content- Day and time TBD
- Matches on Fridays (3:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Varsity and Premier Teams (Ages 13 to 17) – These combined teams offer a multi-tiered season long competition. They will be a mix of Birdie and Eagle participants, and focus on game improvement and course management. June 23-August 25
- Virtual content- Day and time TBD
- Matches on Saturdays (3:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Before our first match– All team member will fill out and online survey that will help the coaches understand what each individual is looking forward to and looking to improve on during the season.
2020 First Tee Fairchild Wheeler Junior Varsity Team Schedule
|Fri. July10th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. July 17th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. July 24th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. July 31st||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. August 7th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. August 14th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. August 21st||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Fri. August 28th||4pm – 7pm||Team Championship||Fairchild Wheeler|
2020 First Tee Fairchild Wheeler Varsity and premier Team Schedule
|Sat. July 11th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. July 18th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. July 25th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. August 1st||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. August 8th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. August 15th||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. August 22nd||4pm – 7pm||Match||Fairchild Wheeler|
|Sat. August 29th||4pm – 7pm||Team Championship||Fairchild Wheeler|
2020 Registration System – Salesforce
Since we are using a new registration platform, as of 2017, any past participants who DID NOT register in 2017 please use the Forgot Password link in the Log In section to receive an email link that will allow you create a password. Please note that this email may arrive in your SPAM folder. This option will allow all past information to be transitioned to your new account.